Aeirs TV "Nails"
British producer Aeirs TV (a.k.a. Joss Carter) obscures his techno collages in a thick feedback mist, culling inspiration from the same ineffable, cryptic source as producers like Actress or Vessel. On "Nails"—taken from a free three-song EP called Relife—Carter sets a percussive pulse underneath eerie drone loops that soak through the entire mix, gradually building to a discernable techno groove. The unabashedly dark cut then unexpectedly drops into a sermon about Jesus' crucifiction, before returning for a second round of claustrophobic rhythm.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player