- Words: DeForrest Brown
18-year-old, Leeds-based producer Joshua Scarbrow (a.k.a. Wilhelm) has offered up his latest cut, "ODB," which shows off his taste for heavy percussion and submerged house sounds. Set at a decidedly quick tempo, Scarbrow's tune veers into a smeared techno sound through its warped pads and lo-fi kicks. The finely tuned and thoughtful dance track flows through smooth instrumental textures, passages of motorik rimshots, lilting breakdowns, and interwoven down-pitched vocals, all of which makes for a satisfyingly hybridized track from the young artist.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player