Pompeya "Power (Jimmy Edgar Remix)"
It's times like these that one wonders when Jimmy Edgar finds time to actually, you know, sleep. Following the release of his Mercurio EP last week, the ceaseleslly prolific producer/DJ has deliverd yet another new remix—this time taking on "Power," a cut from Moscow-based indie/funk outfit Pompeya. While it's hard to find exactly where Edgar has buried Pompeya's original tune, it's also hard to argue with his work here, as he bounces back and forth between a series of locked-in grooves and cleverly precise builds which continually push the rework's cyclical rhythms forward. Featured here as a free download, Jimmy Edgar's remix of "Power" is also set to appear on Pompeya's Tropical Remix record when it drops in January of next year via Brooklyn label No Shame.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player