Pompeya "Power (Jimmy Edgar Remix)"
It's times like these that one wonders when Jimmy Edgar finds time to actually, you know, sleep. Following the release of his Mercurio EP last week, the ceaseleslly prolific producer/DJ has deliverd yet another new remix—this time taking on "Power," a cut from Moscow-based indie/funk outfit Pompeya. While it's hard to find exactly where Edgar has buried Pompeya's original tune, it's also hard to argue with his work here, as he bounces back and forth between a series of locked-in grooves and cleverly precise builds which continually push the rework's cyclical rhythms forward. Featured here as a free download, Jimmy Edgar's remix of "Power" is also set to appear on Pompeya's Tropical Remix record when it drops in January of next year via Brooklyn label No Shame.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player