Saroos "Seadance (The Sight Below Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Inspired by filmmaker Stanley Kubrick and writer H.P. Lovecraft, electronic outfit Saroos explores a sound that is steeped in ambiguous sci-fi references. The group's sound is positioned at a crossroads between the physicality of post-rock and the abstractions of electronic music, but experienced ambient artist The Sight Below (pictured above) remixes "Seadance"—a track which comes from Saroos' sophomore effort for Alien Transistor, Return—by submerging that sound into a more cavernous place. Wavering tones reminiscent of old film sound effects and Drexciyan synth percolations bookend this new version of the song, allowing The Sight Below to focus on the guttural textures and druggy beats which meander through its core.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player