Saroos "Seadance (The Sight Below Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Inspired by filmmaker Stanley Kubrick and writer H.P. Lovecraft, electronic outfit Saroos explores a sound that is steeped in ambiguous sci-fi references. The group's sound is positioned at a crossroads between the physicality of post-rock and the abstractions of electronic music, but experienced ambient artist The Sight Below (pictured above) remixes "Seadance"—a track which comes from Saroos' sophomore effort for Alien Transistor, Return—by submerging that sound into a more cavernous place. Wavering tones reminiscent of old film sound effects and Drexciyan synth percolations bookend this new version of the song, allowing The Sight Below to focus on the guttural textures and druggy beats which meander through its core.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player