Saroos "Seadance (The Sight Below Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Inspired by filmmaker Stanley Kubrick and writer H.P. Lovecraft, electronic outfit Saroos explores a sound that is steeped in ambiguous sci-fi references. The group's sound is positioned at a crossroads between the physicality of post-rock and the abstractions of electronic music, but experienced ambient artist The Sight Below (pictured above) remixes "Seadance"—a track which comes from Saroos' sophomore effort for Alien Transistor, Return—by submerging that sound into a more cavernous place. Wavering tones reminiscent of old film sound effects and Drexciyan synth percolations bookend this new version of the song, allowing The Sight Below to focus on the guttural textures and druggy beats which meander through its core.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player