Jack Dixon & Yusuf Sebaiti "See Me"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Now based in New York, London-bred producer Jack Dixon lends a more reflective, low-key take on techno and UK bass sounds. In advance of his forthcoming Those Questions EP—out next week via Dixon's own label, White Asega—the artist has shared "See Me," a one-off cut made with occasional studio partner Yusuf Sebaiti. Glitchy synth bits amass into a solid two-step rhythm on "See Me," as an eerily harmonized vocal line leads the track into a grimy, dejected breakdown. But the energy picks up in the song's final minutes, channeling a maximalist bass rhythm that can't help but crash into a bittersweet coda.
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Jon Hopkins
- NewsRound Preps Debut Solo 12" for Hivern Discs, Streams Lead Track
- NewsHear a Track from Max Cooper's Upcoming 'Kindred' EP
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsDownload New Mixes from Graze and Om Unit
XLR8R Downloads Player