Set to drop this coming Monday, the Transmuter EP by Irish electro producer DeFeKT will serve as the second vinyl release from Electronic Explorations, the label wing of the long-running podcast series of the same name headed by Houndstooth label manager Rob Booth. Pulled from that forthcoming record is "Skitzo," a track which lunges forward with analog pulses and the steady strut of a drum machine. The five-plus-minute production concerns itself with little more than executing slow-and-steady filter tweaks and gradual enhancements to its undulating rhythms, and that—as it turns out—is a good thing, as DeFeKT's efficient tune still makes an impact without too many bells and whistles. Before the Dublin artist's Transmuter EP officially sees a release on December 9, a preview stream of the four-track effort can be heard after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player