Set to drop this coming Monday, the Transmuter EP by Irish electro producer DeFeKT will serve as the second vinyl release from Electronic Explorations, the label wing of the long-running podcast series of the same name headed by Houndstooth label manager Rob Booth. Pulled from that forthcoming record is "Skitzo," a track which lunges forward with analog pulses and the steady strut of a drum machine. The five-plus-minute production concerns itself with little more than executing slow-and-steady filter tweaks and gradual enhancements to its undulating rhythms, and that—as it turns out—is a good thing, as DeFeKT's efficient tune still makes an impact without too many bells and whistles. Before the Dublin artist's Transmuter EP officially sees a release on December 9, a preview stream of the four-track effort can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsHivern Discs Announces Pional Remix 12"; Download a John Talabot Remix Now
- NewsSBTRKT Announces Sophomore LP, Shares Teaser Video and New Track
- NewsDownload an EP of Unreleased Tracks from Krystal Klear
- NewsSoftware to Release Debut LP from Tallesen; Hear a Track Now
XLR8R Downloads Player