Komon "Walk the Walk (1745 Edit)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After collaborating on a 12" earlier this year, Komon and Appleblim are set to join forces again for the Jupiter EP, a three-track effort that will drop via Will Saul's Aus label on January 27. In the meantime, Komon has dropped off this edit of "Walk the Walk"—the title track for the West Country producer's recent solo EP for the label—to whet our palates. In its edited form, "Walk the Walk" is a bit deeper of an exercise in strong-armed house, one whose rhythms chug beneath a thick, slow-moving bass and generous layers of space-age synth work. In addition to the free download offered by Komon here, the artwork and tracklist for the man's forthcoming collaboration with Bristol mainstay Appleblim are included after the jump.
B2 Beach Trek
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player