Mr. Beatnick "Waning Moon (Best Available Technology Remix)"
- Words: DeForrest Brown
Under his Best Available Technology moniker, Kevin Palmer has carved a signature sound out of tumultuously looping and lumpy techno. Our review of Palmer's recent BASH004 12" commented on the archival and searching nature of his music, which is full of delay effects and crude samples. Featured here, "Waning Moon (Best Available Technology Remix)" sees Palmer construing London DJ/producer Mr. Beatnick's (pictured above) original production—lifted from his The Synthetes Trilogy record—into a grainy and subdued house track. The harmonic textures and melodic developments of the remix are both immediately heartfelt and detached; Palmer holds the emotional core at a firm distance, as each keyboard stroke is warped and overrun by vinyl crackle and searing, elongated drones.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player