Computer Jay "Binary Fix (Eprom Remix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Los Angeles-based artist, Master Blazter contributor, and hardware designer Jason Taylor (a.k.a. Computer Jay) welds modern electro-funk from his DIY synth gear, with one foot in the current LA beat scene and the other in G-funk's past. Portland producer Eprom's (pictured above) acid-leaning take on "Binary Fix" strips away the original sounds until only a skeletal slab of warbling analog techno remains. In addition, a Tron-inspired music video for "Binary Fix"—directed and co-produced by Computer Jay himself—can be viewed after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player