Mia Dora "Button"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Following last year's release of its polished and slinky You in the Future EP for London imprint MadTech, Glasgow production duo Mia Dora has sent over a dub-inflected bass cut culled from the outfit's live improvisations. "Button" dabs warehouse-sized reverb on its skittering percussion, remaining a rhythm-focused, functional piece with sporadic synth blasts for ambience. Additionally, Mia Dora will perform in the second annual MadTech showcase on February 1 at London's Lightbox club, alongside label mainstays No Artificial Colours, Applebottom, and special guest Waifs & Strays; advance tickets are available to purchase here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player