Mia Dora "Button"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Following last year's release of its polished and slinky You in the Future EP for London imprint MadTech, Glasgow production duo Mia Dora has sent over a dub-inflected bass cut culled from the outfit's live improvisations. "Button" dabs warehouse-sized reverb on its skittering percussion, remaining a rhythm-focused, functional piece with sporadic synth blasts for ambience. Additionally, Mia Dora will perform in the second annual MadTech showcase on February 1 at London's Lightbox club, alongside label mainstays No Artificial Colours, Applebottom, and special guest Waifs & Strays; advance tickets are available to purchase here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player