Mia Dora "Button"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Following last year's release of its polished and slinky You in the Future EP for London imprint MadTech, Glasgow production duo Mia Dora has sent over a dub-inflected bass cut culled from the outfit's live improvisations. "Button" dabs warehouse-sized reverb on its skittering percussion, remaining a rhythm-focused, functional piece with sporadic synth blasts for ambience. Additionally, Mia Dora will perform in the second annual MadTech showcase on February 1 at London's Lightbox club, alongside label mainstays No Artificial Colours, Applebottom, and special guest Waifs & Strays; advance tickets are available to purchase here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player