Vibe Nuh "Calimocho"
New York City imprint Ounce. celebrates its 20th release on January 15 with a full-length from anonymous producer Vibe Nuh, titled Modesty International. Lifted from that record, "Calimocho" fuses Middle Eastern percussion to a cruising jazz-fusion groove, with a mangled, bubbly lead melody and some odd production tics that place the globally aware material in a slightly more futuristic context. The effervescent cut pulls from a host of countries and styles, but its eccentric use of production techniques shows that the new artist's craft isn't only in stitching vintage samples.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player