Vibe Nuh "Calimocho"
New York City imprint Ounce. celebrates its 20th release on January 15 with a full-length from anonymous producer Vibe Nuh, titled Modesty International. Lifted from that record, "Calimocho" fuses Middle Eastern percussion to a cruising jazz-fusion groove, with a mangled, bubbly lead melody and some odd production tics that place the globally aware material in a slightly more futuristic context. The effervescent cut pulls from a host of countries and styles, but its eccentric use of production techniques shows that the new artist's craft isn't only in stitching vintage samples.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player