DJ Rashad & DJ Spinn "DJ Rashad & DJ Spinn Meet Tshetsha Boys (Photonz 33 1/3 Refix)"
- Words: Chris Kokiousis
Portuguese outfit Photonz has been playing Chicago footwork purveyors DJ Rashad's and DJ Spinn's (pictured above) Shangaan Shake collaboration with South African artists Tshetsha Boys in its DJ sets for a while, coming to the conclusion that the track would mix well at the wrong speed, especially when paired with the duo's own brand of gritty techno. For the "Photonz 33 1/3 Refix," the blistering original cut is slowed down by a handful of rpms, and then augmented with TR-505 drum rhythms, Minibrute analog synthlines, and some light processing. The results offer a slurred, redlining edit that retains DJ Rashad & DJ Spinn's skittish energy.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player