Beaka "Entry Unknown"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The forthcoming EP from Beaka is described in its press release as "an exercise in coaxing out the multilateral efficacy of UK bass," and though it does not come packaged in the artist's upcoming self-titled record, "Entry Unknown" still has no problem fitting in with that description. The five-plus-minute bonus tune revolves around a set of tough sonic elements—an industrial-sized bassline and machine-shop percussion hits among them—while blue-streaked chords and dusty textures are occasionally allowed to float to the top. Here, Baeka walks a fine line, successfully balancing hefty sonic impact with a welcome lining of musicality; something we imagine the UK producer equally offers on his Beaka EP (artwork above), set to drop via Infinite Machine on February 3.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player