Beaka "Entry Unknown"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The forthcoming EP from Beaka is described in its press release as "an exercise in coaxing out the multilateral efficacy of UK bass," and though it does not come packaged in the artist's upcoming self-titled record, "Entry Unknown" still has no problem fitting in with that description. The five-plus-minute bonus tune revolves around a set of tough sonic elements—an industrial-sized bassline and machine-shop percussion hits among them—while blue-streaked chords and dusty textures are occasionally allowed to float to the top. Here, Baeka walks a fine line, successfully balancing hefty sonic impact with a welcome lining of musicality; something we imagine the UK producer equally offers on his Beaka EP (artwork above), set to drop via Infinite Machine on February 3.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player