Beaka "Entry Unknown"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The forthcoming EP from Beaka is described in its press release as "an exercise in coaxing out the multilateral efficacy of UK bass," and though it does not come packaged in the artist's upcoming self-titled record, "Entry Unknown" still has no problem fitting in with that description. The five-plus-minute bonus tune revolves around a set of tough sonic elements—an industrial-sized bassline and machine-shop percussion hits among them—while blue-streaked chords and dusty textures are occasionally allowed to float to the top. Here, Baeka walks a fine line, successfully balancing hefty sonic impact with a welcome lining of musicality; something we imagine the UK producer equally offers on his Beaka EP (artwork above), set to drop via Infinite Machine on February 3.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player