Next month, Canadian producers Max Ulis and Robbie Slade will release their first collaborative LP as Sabota via Vancouver's Hybridity label. To preview the project, the pair has sent along "Jeans," a brightly introspective house number that accurately reflects the vibe of the street after which the collaboration was named: "Sabota Road... an infamous area in southern Canada where kids sneak out to congregate, smoke weed, and watch the sun come up." In that spirit, "Jeans" tastefully incorporates sunsoaked textures into its run, balancing melodic themes with an energetic bounce that seems fitting of a place utilized for both early-morning reflection and substance-induced decompression. Ulis' and Slade's self-titled debut full-length as Sabota will see a full release on February 21.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player