Next month, Canadian producers Max Ulis and Robbie Slade will release their first collaborative LP as Sabota via Vancouver's Hybridity label. To preview the project, the pair has sent along "Jeans," a brightly introspective house number that accurately reflects the vibe of the street after which the collaboration was named: "Sabota Road... an infamous area in southern Canada where kids sneak out to congregate, smoke weed, and watch the sun come up." In that spirit, "Jeans" tastefully incorporates sunsoaked textures into its run, balancing melodic themes with an energetic bounce that seems fitting of a place utilized for both early-morning reflection and substance-induced decompression. Ulis' and Slade's self-titled debut full-length as Sabota will see a full release on February 21.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player