Next month, Canadian producers Max Ulis and Robbie Slade will release their first collaborative LP as Sabota via Vancouver's Hybridity label. To preview the project, the pair has sent along "Jeans," a brightly introspective house number that accurately reflects the vibe of the street after which the collaboration was named: "Sabota Road... an infamous area in southern Canada where kids sneak out to congregate, smoke weed, and watch the sun come up." In that spirit, "Jeans" tastefully incorporates sunsoaked textures into its run, balancing melodic themes with an energetic bounce that seems fitting of a place utilized for both early-morning reflection and substance-induced decompression. Ulis' and Slade's self-titled debut full-length as Sabota will see a full release on February 21.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player