Pulshar "Jungle Fever"
Based in Barcelona, the AvantRoots label prides itself on a catalog which focuses on the more soul-soaked ends of hybridized electronic music. Now in its fifth year as an imprint, AvantRoots has put together Waves, a 13-track compilation which gathers some of the label's best work from its handful of years, along with a number of unreleased cuts. One such exclusive is "Jungle Fever," credited to Barcelona duo Pulshar, who, incidentally, is also repsonsible for piecing together the Waves comp in its mixed form. Melding dub techno and jazzy electronics, the pair's "Jungle Fever" contribution is a dense exercise in hi-fi production, and one that is said to represent the outfit's last new tune before Pulshar's upcoming album drops via the Desolat label later this year. In the meantime, the rest of AvantRoots Waves comp can be previewed and downloaded here.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player