Pulshar "Jungle Fever"
Based in Barcelona, the AvantRoots label prides itself on a catalog which focuses on the more soul-soaked ends of hybridized electronic music. Now in its fifth year as an imprint, AvantRoots has put together Waves, a 13-track compilation which gathers some of the label's best work from its handful of years, along with a number of unreleased cuts. One such exclusive is "Jungle Fever," credited to Barcelona duo Pulshar, who, incidentally, is also repsonsible for piecing together the Waves comp in its mixed form. Melding dub techno and jazzy electronics, the pair's "Jungle Fever" contribution is a dense exercise in hi-fi production, and one that is said to represent the outfit's last new tune before Pulshar's upcoming album drops via the Desolat label later this year. In the meantime, the rest of AvantRoots Waves comp can be previewed and downloaded here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player