Pulshar "Jungle Fever"
Based in Barcelona, the AvantRoots label prides itself on a catalog which focuses on the more soul-soaked ends of hybridized electronic music. Now in its fifth year as an imprint, AvantRoots has put together Waves, a 13-track compilation which gathers some of the label's best work from its handful of years, along with a number of unreleased cuts. One such exclusive is "Jungle Fever," credited to Barcelona duo Pulshar, who, incidentally, is also repsonsible for piecing together the Waves comp in its mixed form. Melding dub techno and jazzy electronics, the pair's "Jungle Fever" contribution is a dense exercise in hi-fi production, and one that is said to represent the outfit's last new tune before Pulshar's upcoming album drops via the Desolat label later this year. In the meantime, the rest of AvantRoots Waves comp can be previewed and downloaded here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player