Rainbow Chan "Milk (Cassius Select Remix)"
Sydney-based singer and producer Rainbow Chan (pictured above) has forged a career out crafting keenly forward-thinking pop music, which will be expanded on by a handful of artists for a remix collection due out on February 18 via the Silo Arts imprint. Ahead of the Long Vacation Remix EP, Rainbow Chan has shared a version of her "Milk" song by fellow Austrialian producer Cassius Select. The remixer's brand of percussive techno is employed in full force here, as Rainbow Chan's vocals are reduced to phased incidentals that slide up against and bounce off of the percussive patterns. A serene vibraphone melody weaves through the highs of Chan's voice and the lows of the beat, driving the sublime half-time rhythm through warping pads, sparse trumpets, vaporous harmonies, and smoothly textured bass.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player