Jon Phonics "Mind Games (Pedestrian Remix)"
Glasgow-based artist Jon Phonics lends a sensual approach to dusty textures, warping them around his funky and slack hip-hop rhythms. Pairing with Trinidadian Londoner Tabanca for the Domino Effect EP (out now via Push & Run), the producer's collaboration with the singer on "Mind Games" is a heady, atmospheric R&B piece with pulsing low-end synths and misty percussion, anchored by Tabanca's yearning vocals. Pedestrian, a rising UK artist who reworks "Mind Games" for the remix-only second half of Domino Effect, transforms the original song into an easygoing, orchestral cut of jungle-referencing music, stretching out Tabanca's vocals until they smear with reverb. The three original tracks from Jon Phonics' and Tabanca's Domino Effect EP can be streamed after the jump.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player