Or:la "Reach My Soul (Embryo New York Mix)"
Or:la's "Reach My Soul" was already a considerably deep house workout before Embryo got his hands on it, but on his remix—which serves as the b-side to Or:la's recent 12"—the Slovakian producer takes the Liverpool artist's original version into more properly thumping territory. In truth, Embryo's "New York Mix" succeeds by simply focusing on the essentials: a set of stabbing chords, a rounded bassline moving in sync, a heavily compressed four-on-the-floor, and just a sprinkling of vocal samples to keep things lively.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player