Igor Ivanov's and Sami Blanco's AT/NU project is based in a hyperreal and transcendent space, taking cues from trance and techno to create glossy, high-definition tunes. Ahead of their Psi Grove release for the 1080p label (out on February 11), the two producers have shared album track "Shift." Floating pads and effervescent FX whirl around casually before a striking percussion pattern drops in to fill out the track's low-end. Mid-range synth melodies and unobtrusive shakers accent the slowly developing production, remaining firmly planted in half-time rhythms throughout. AT/NU scatters reverb-laden vocals that cascade across "Shift" as high-register synth stabs harmonize and fade into its trance-y conclusion.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player