- Words: Glenn Jackson
In terms of genres, Rioux's "Trails" is truly hard to place. Appearing as the first effort in a monthly single series the Brooklyn producer has planned for 2014, the song incorporates threads of robotic pop, miniature house, and smoky jazz into an adventurous electronic form. Rioux's production swiftly glides through a number of musical movements, with the track's light opening skip eventually being consumed by melodic outbursts and flashes of disco guitar riffs, with layers of dusty percussion occasionally joining the mix. By the time "Trails" completes its five-plus-minute run, it can be a bit hard to remember where it began, but that's just another reason to play it again.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player