Hasta "CHNL (Neue Grafik Remix)"
Earlier this week, the Apothecary Compositions imprint (run by stateside producer Druid Cloak) has released the Floral EP from Hasta, who likely serves as the youngest contributor to the fledling label at the age of 17. His three original productions for the record each come backed with a remix, including this one from French artist Neue Grafik. "CHNL" is reinterpreted from its ever-ascending boom-bap aestheric into a decidedly house-minded affair here. Exchanging the stutters and peaks of Hasta's original production for an unhurried shuffle, the Parisian's remix oozes with dusty soul, relying on a series of smoky chords and a loose bassline to serve as its core.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player