Hasta "CHNL (Neue Grafik Remix)"
Earlier this week, the Apothecary Compositions imprint (run by stateside producer Druid Cloak) has released the Floral EP from Hasta, who likely serves as the youngest contributor to the fledling label at the age of 17. His three original productions for the record each come backed with a remix, including this one from French artist Neue Grafik. "CHNL" is reinterpreted from its ever-ascending boom-bap aestheric into a decidedly house-minded affair here. Exchanging the stutters and peaks of Hasta's original production for an unhurried shuffle, the Parisian's remix oozes with dusty soul, relying on a series of smoky chords and a loose bassline to serve as its core.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player