Turing Machine "If It's Gone It's On (Al Doyle Remix)"
Al Doyle, a jack-of-all-trades musician and member of UK outfit Hot Chip, was comissioned by longstanding Brooklyn math-rock duo Turing Machine to remix the "If It's Gone (It's On)" cut off of the band's recent What is the Meaning of What LP for Temporary Residence. In the tension packed production, Doyle expertly disassembles and manipulates the original song's guitar riffs, suturing them together with sheets of futuristic synths, crashing cymbals, a pounding beat, and indiscernible robotic vocals that oscillate rapidly like a well-oiled contraption. The track will be featured on Turing Machine's What is the Meaning of Remixes EP—which will also include remixes by Still Going, Lovelock, and Jee Day—when it drops on March 4.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player