Turing Machine "If It's Gone It's On (Al Doyle Remix)"
Al Doyle, a jack-of-all-trades musician and member of UK outfit Hot Chip, was comissioned by longstanding Brooklyn math-rock duo Turing Machine to remix the "If It's Gone (It's On)" cut off of the band's recent What is the Meaning of What LP for Temporary Residence. In the tension packed production, Doyle expertly disassembles and manipulates the original song's guitar riffs, suturing them together with sheets of futuristic synths, crashing cymbals, a pounding beat, and indiscernible robotic vocals that oscillate rapidly like a well-oiled contraption. The track will be featured on Turing Machine's What is the Meaning of Remixes EP—which will also include remixes by Still Going, Lovelock, and Jee Day—when it drops on March 4.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player