Turing Machine "If It's Gone It's On (Al Doyle Remix)"
Al Doyle, a jack-of-all-trades musician and member of UK outfit Hot Chip, was comissioned by longstanding Brooklyn math-rock duo Turing Machine to remix the "If It's Gone (It's On)" cut off of the band's recent What is the Meaning of What LP for Temporary Residence. In the tension packed production, Doyle expertly disassembles and manipulates the original song's guitar riffs, suturing them together with sheets of futuristic synths, crashing cymbals, a pounding beat, and indiscernible robotic vocals that oscillate rapidly like a well-oiled contraption. The track will be featured on Turing Machine's What is the Meaning of Remixes EP—which will also include remixes by Still Going, Lovelock, and Jee Day—when it drops on March 4.
- NewsAudion Announces Upcoming 12" for Kompakt
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsTodd Terje's New "Delorean Dynamite" Video Looks to Sell an Actual Delorean; Watch It Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
XLR8R Downloads Player