German imprint Shtum has broadened its fledgling discography with a brand-new, techno-charged release by Yør, appropriately called Shtum 003. Featured here, EP cut "Ritus" finds the Hamburg-based producer creating a pattern of stimulating synth flares, pulsing four-to-the-floor surges, and carefully placed vocal snippets. Yør keeps his production clean and minimal on the mechanized tune, retooling spoken words to sound more like inorganic instruments than a human voice.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player