King of the Mountains "Zoetrope"
Operating as King of the Mountains, longstanding UK producer/composer Philip Kay (a former member of Manchester's Working for a Nuclear Free City outfit) will release his Zoetrope LP (artwork above) in the coming weeks via the Meldoic imprint. On the record's title track, Kay sounds utterly confident in his craft, piecing together an immense composition that fuses sharp melodic tweaks, grainy pads, and textured percussion in expert fashion. But Kay gradually pulls "Zoetrope" apart as it nears the end of its six-minute run, letting the synths run wild amidst an ever-deepening soundscape. It's all impressively reminiscent of Jon Hopkins' most recent work and bodes well for Kay's upcoming 10-track album as King of the Mountains.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player