Chainless "Ancient Ruins"
Nascent London label Cohort is kicking off its discography with the dark-palleted Grey Veils EP, the imprint's inaugural release by Libson-based producer Chainless. According to a press release, the aptly named producer aims to not be "bonded up to anything, not being bonded to a face or to a music genre." And he succeeds with mysterious EP cut "Ancient Ruins"; the shadowy piece features an arrangement of percussion and choppy, ritualistic vocal bits which are held together with intense synth tones. The rest of Chainless' disquieting Grey Veils EP will appear on March 31, and can be previewed ahead of its arrival, after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player