Chainless "Ancient Ruins"
Nascent London label Cohort is kicking off its discography with the dark-palleted Grey Veils EP, the imprint's inaugural release by Libson-based producer Chainless. According to a press release, the aptly named producer aims to not be "bonded up to anything, not being bonded to a face or to a music genre." And he succeeds with mysterious EP cut "Ancient Ruins"; the shadowy piece features an arrangement of percussion and choppy, ritualistic vocal bits which are held together with intense synth tones. The rest of Chainless' disquieting Grey Veils EP will appear on March 31, and can be previewed ahead of its arrival, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player