Chainless "Ancient Ruins"
Nascent London label Cohort is kicking off its discography with the dark-palleted Grey Veils EP, the imprint's inaugural release by Libson-based producer Chainless. According to a press release, the aptly named producer aims to not be "bonded up to anything, not being bonded to a face or to a music genre." And he succeeds with mysterious EP cut "Ancient Ruins"; the shadowy piece features an arrangement of percussion and choppy, ritualistic vocal bits which are held together with intense synth tones. The rest of Chainless' disquieting Grey Veils EP will appear on March 31, and can be previewed ahead of its arrival, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player