Vellico "Beck's Brew (Chocky's Groove Mix)"
- Words: Derek Kaneko
After releasing the Iridis EP under his Alight moniker last year and announcing that his next record will drop via the excellent Houndstooth imprint, UK DJ/producer Ross Tones (a.k.a. Throwing Snow) dropped a record via his own Snowfall label from Vellico, a collaborative project with his brother Alistair Tones. Here, the duo has sent over London producer Chocky's smooth remix of "Beck's Brew," a cut from Vellico's brand-new The Pennines EP. Chocky's seven-and-a-half-minute groove flows through an unbroken rhythm, opening up with a steady four-to-the-floor pulse before it adds airy synth waves to the mix. Vocals and light hi-hats help keep the textured tune fresh; "Beck's Brew (Chocky's Groove Mix)" is a fine example of combining minimalist tendancies with engaging patterns and a thoroughly sleek production aesthetic.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player