Kitkkola "Blue Winking"
Detroit's Coyote Clean Up is surely one of the most prolific artists to bubble up through the ranks in recent years, with releases for a littany of labels—100% Silk among them—and any number of side projects to his name. One such endeavor is Kitkkola, the handle under which the Midwest talent has released a new 17-track cassette, entitled Sarah's Rocks, just today via 1080p. Listening to album cut "Blue Winking," it's easy to hear how Coyote Clean Up has been able to maintain such a prolific run: He seems to know exactly when he has a good thing going. Here, the producer pieces together a track that is simple enough, with a set of floating chords and bouncing percussion chopped by the thump of a kick drum and a loaded bassline. It's a solid base, and one which the producer smartly throws just a handful of extra FX tricks and melodic touches on top of in order to extend the runtime to four minutes—essentially proving that maintaining a solid groove really isn't rocket science.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player