Cute Heels "Calibre 2000"
Brussels-based producer and founder of the Romance Moderne and Black Leather labels, Cute Heels (a.k.a. Victor Lenis) will drop his debut LP Spiritual via Dark Entries next month. From that record, the nearly eight-minute "Calibre 2000" is a patient slice of aquatic techno drenched in a kind of '80s nostalgia that evidently mirrors Lenis' claim of being "inspired by equal parts Liaisons Dangereuses and Drexciya." Cute Heels has also shared another track before Spiritual drops on April 15; "SV Forest" is available to stream in the player after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player