Cute Heels "Calibre 2000"
Brussels-based producer and founder of the Romance Moderne and Black Leather labels, Cute Heels (a.k.a. Victor Lenis) will drop his debut LP Spiritual via Dark Entries next month. From that record, the nearly eight-minute "Calibre 2000" is a patient slice of aquatic techno drenched in a kind of '80s nostalgia that evidently mirrors Lenis' claim of being "inspired by equal parts Liaisons Dangereuses and Drexciya." Cute Heels has also shared another track before Spiritual drops on April 15; "SV Forest" is available to stream in the player after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player