Big Spider’s Back "Charm School"
Big Spider’s Back (a.k.a. Yair Rubinstein) relies on brightly textured, playful synth melodies throughout his Ssoft EP, and the bubbly "Charm School" is certainly no exception to that description. Opening with high-pitched loops and a four-to-the-floor beat, the track's foundation builds on itself with gradual additions of minimal synth waves, claps, and drum patterns. Rubinstein keeps it simple on his production, crafting a vibrant, full-bodied sound while avoiding any excess elements. Big Spider’s Back's Ssoft EP is set to drop on March 17 via Seattle's Hush Hush label.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player