Ellie Herring "Dynasty"
Hailing from Lexington, Kentucky, budding producer Ellie Herring first appeared on our radar last year with her impressively diverse Kite Day EP. Now, Herring will follow up that record with the forthcoming Chipped EP (out on April 8 via Racecar), for which the skittering "Dynasty" serves as the opening cut. Built atop a foundation of sharp, hyper-shuffled rhythms, Herring's production is a moody, late-night excursion lined with layers of echoing choirs, dimly lit melodies, and subtle doses of slow-burning bass.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player