Ellie Herring "Dynasty"
Hailing from Lexington, Kentucky, budding producer Ellie Herring first appeared on our radar last year with her impressively diverse Kite Day EP. Now, Herring will follow up that record with the forthcoming Chipped EP (out on April 8 via Racecar), for which the skittering "Dynasty" serves as the opening cut. Built atop a foundation of sharp, hyper-shuffled rhythms, Herring's production is a moody, late-night excursion lined with layers of echoing choirs, dimly lit melodies, and subtle doses of slow-burning bass.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player