Ellie Herring "Dynasty"
Hailing from Lexington, Kentucky, budding producer Ellie Herring first appeared on our radar last year with her impressively diverse Kite Day EP. Now, Herring will follow up that record with the forthcoming Chipped EP (out on April 8 via Racecar), for which the skittering "Dynasty" serves as the opening cut. Built atop a foundation of sharp, hyper-shuffled rhythms, Herring's production is a moody, late-night excursion lined with layers of echoing choirs, dimly lit melodies, and subtle doses of slow-burning bass.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player