The Cyclist "Heated Cliff"
After being highlighted as one of XLR8R's best new artists of 2013, Andrew Morrison (a.k.a. The Cyclist) assumed a new handle, Buz Ludzha, for his only output of 2014 so far. But on Crash Symbols' obscenely long, 33-track Touched By an Angle compilation (out today), Morrison steps back into his more familiar moniker to deliver the slow-brewing "Heated Cliff" as The Cyclist. The Liverpool-based producer pushes samples of dusty percussion and buzzing drones beneath increasing layers of Vangelis-like synthscapes (albeit ones ran through a distortion pedal) on his contribution to Touched By an Angle, which is joined by music from producers such as Vanilla Hammer and Cream Dream. All 33 tracks from the brand-new comp can be downloaded for a price of one's own choosing via Crash Symbols' Bandcamp.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player