The Cyclist "Heated Cliff"
After being highlighted as one of XLR8R's best new artists of 2013, Andrew Morrison (a.k.a. The Cyclist) assumed a new handle, Buz Ludzha, for his only output of 2014 so far. But on Crash Symbols' obscenely long, 33-track Touched By an Angle compilation (out today), Morrison steps back into his more familiar moniker to deliver the slow-brewing "Heated Cliff" as The Cyclist. The Liverpool-based producer pushes samples of dusty percussion and buzzing drones beneath increasing layers of Vangelis-like synthscapes (albeit ones ran through a distortion pedal) on his contribution to Touched By an Angle, which is joined by music from producers such as Vanilla Hammer and Cream Dream. All 33 tracks from the brand-new comp can be downloaded for a price of one's own choosing via Crash Symbols' Bandcamp.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player