Gillepsy "Log Out"
Before his second EP for Russian imprint Hyperboloid drops on March 24, Moscow producer Gillepsy has shared 2014: Online Odyssey's closing track. The simultaneously nostalgic and futuristic "Log Out" stays just shy of gimmicky with the use of what sounds like exaggerated FX from outer space, sounds which are paired with an elastic bassline and more intricate percussive rhythms. Keeping with his record's tongue-in-cheek approach, the artist adds some finishing touches to his EP closer with typing computer keys and Window's quintessential logoff jingle. The teaser for Gillepsy's forthcoming 2014: Online Odyssey EP is included after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player