Maguett "Milk Shake"
Early next week, Moscow producer Dmitry Drozdov (a.k.a. Maguett) will issue a new album via Russian label Fuselab, a nine-song excursion into dark soundscapes and warped beats called Mediawind. Kicking off that release is "Milk Shake," an incandescent track that subsists largely on gelatinous pads, airy textures, and barely there drum patterns. Maguett's ideas seem simple enough, but it's the depth and nuances of his production that really make "Milk Shake" an engrossing listen. The rest of his Mediawind release will be out on April 3, but before then, its creepy, avant-garde teaser video can be seen after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player