Albert Swarm "Restraints"
Today, Finnish producer Albert Swarm returns to Brooklyn's Ceremony imprint with The Cage EP. Appearing in the middle of the dark-tinted, three-track effort is "Restraints," a production which maps a gloomy path through textural house and cold-wave electronics. It never lands on an exact focus, nor does it revolve around any particular musical theme; the track instead presents a distinct sonic atmosphere, one which places the listener in an eerie sonic world where heavenly arpeggios and icy choirs are pulled down into subterranean habitats. The rest of Albert Swarm's The Cage EP—in addition to the rest of Ceremony's catalog—is available to stream in full and purchase over on the label's recently launched Bandcamp.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player