"Viewpoint" is the kind of production that shines in its details. Appearing as the closing cut for Italian artist Chevel's forthcoming One Month Off EP, "Viewpoint" delicately builds a lattice of hi-fi percussion patterns, on top of which layers of glassy textures are gradually introduced. Eschewing any musical narrative, the track simply stands on its own as an immersive soundscape and an impressive expedition into detail-oriented electronic production. Before One Month Off drops on March 31 via Stroboscopic Artefacts, Chevel's other four tracks from the EP can be previewed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player