"Viewpoint" is the kind of production that shines in its details. Appearing as the closing cut for Italian artist Chevel's forthcoming One Month Off EP, "Viewpoint" delicately builds a lattice of hi-fi percussion patterns, on top of which layers of glassy textures are gradually introduced. Eschewing any musical narrative, the track simply stands on its own as an immersive soundscape and an impressive expedition into detail-oriented electronic production. Before One Month Off drops on March 31 via Stroboscopic Artefacts, Chevel's other four tracks from the EP can be previewed after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player