Barrio Lindo "Yaguareté Abá"
An instrument maker by trade, Barrio Lindo's "strong bond to the native tribes of his Argentinian home" can be heard throughout his compositions, which draw sounds from handmade instrumentation, and the vibrantly textured "Yaguareté Abá" from Lindo's forthcoming Menoko LP is no exception. Kicking off with percussive loops composed of hand-tapped drum patterns and wooden clattering sounds, the production escalates as high-pitched astral synth tones kick in, heavily contrasting with the organic beat. Heaving vocal chants are layered into the track, working together to forge a unique blend of rich sounds. The rest of Lindo's distinct compositions on Menoko are set to drop via Project: Mooncircle on April 4.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player