Barrio Lindo "Yaguareté Abá"
An instrument maker by trade, Barrio Lindo's "strong bond to the native tribes of his Argentinian home" can be heard throughout his compositions, which draw sounds from handmade instrumentation, and the vibrantly textured "Yaguareté Abá" from Lindo's forthcoming Menoko LP is no exception. Kicking off with percussive loops composed of hand-tapped drum patterns and wooden clattering sounds, the production escalates as high-pitched astral synth tones kick in, heavily contrasting with the organic beat. Heaving vocal chants are layered into the track, working together to forge a unique blend of rich sounds. The rest of Lindo's distinct compositions on Menoko are set to drop via Project: Mooncircle on April 4.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player