Barrio Lindo "Yaguareté Abá"
An instrument maker by trade, Barrio Lindo's "strong bond to the native tribes of his Argentinian home" can be heard throughout his compositions, which draw sounds from handmade instrumentation, and the vibrantly textured "Yaguareté Abá" from Lindo's forthcoming Menoko LP is no exception. Kicking off with percussive loops composed of hand-tapped drum patterns and wooden clattering sounds, the production escalates as high-pitched astral synth tones kick in, heavily contrasting with the organic beat. Heaving vocal chants are layered into the track, working together to forge a unique blend of rich sounds. The rest of Lindo's distinct compositions on Menoko are set to drop via Project: Mooncircle on April 4.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player