Super Duper "Circus Bird"
Fitted with a grim arcade of murky synths and resonant drum kicks, Super Duper's "Circus Bird" is as awe-inspiring as it is bleak. A low-pitched brass loop that resembles baleful laughter opens the production before wonky, decaying synths fill the mix as it trudges along its daunting course. Somewhat resembling the early work of Hudson Mohawke, Super Duper's tune takes on a similar flavor, remaining playful while heading in a darker directions. "Circus Bird" will drop along with the rest of the Diamonds & Doubt EP via Apothecary Compositions on April 15. Previews of each of its four original tracks and three remixes can be heard after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player