Unorthodox LA artist FAY (a.k.a. Fay Davis-Jeffers) has returned with the release of her new Deathwatch LP, offering up abstract tune "Coda" to our Downloads feed. The genre-ambiguous tune is essentially a soundscape texturized by unidentifiable bits of audio that meander autonomously in a wholly unpredictable manner. Groaning, brassy machines swiftly overlap and interlace with the primitive sounds of hammering, erratically plucked strings, hand-slapped drums, and an avalanche of falling droplets. FAY's new Deathwatch LP, which is said to find her "editing and stitching sounds together visually without the help of sequencers or even a grid," can be streamed in full after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
XLR8R Downloads Player