Know V.A. "Donkey Kong (Rabit Remix)"
Amsterdam duo Know V.A. (a.k.a. Marijn Brussaard & Feico De Muinck Keizer) recently released its O Horizon EP via Lowriders Collective, and has now passed along its acerbic-yet-alluring album closer. The Houston-based grime producer Rabit seems to care less how rhythms can work together on his version of "Donkey Kong," and focuses more on how individual trajectories can foster an uncanny and captivating sonic landscape. His production continues the original's minimalist approach, adding to the mix a shrill and quivering synth that quite nearly overpowers the simple beat bouncing underneath. The erratic tempo of "Donkey Kong (Rabit Remix)" is further complicated by disjointed clicks and taps that circulate until the track concludes unexpectedly with a continuous hum of white noise.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player