AGC Esquire "The First Broadcast"
Another alias of Scottish DJ/producer and Cut label head DFRNT, AGC Esquire has shared the retro-touched title track from his recently released EP. Drenched in bouncy percussion and textured synth melodies, "The First Broadcast" evokes the nostalgic sensation of booting up MegaMan on your NES, and watching as colorful 8-bit textures flicker across a CRT display. AGC Esquire's production is an in-your-face reminder of the euphoric and optimistic soundscapes produced by hardware of past decades, revitalizing a familiar sound while incorporating his own fresh style and production techniques into the mix. A preview of AGC Esquire's The First Broadcast EP—which happens to be Cut's first release since switching to a subscription-based model that gives fans 12 releases a year for the price of $1.00—can be streamed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player