Roland Tings "Floating on a Salt Lake"
Melbourne-based producer Roland Tings (a.k.a. Rohan Newman) has been known to place more effort on promoting his sound through his live sets than committing to a body of recorded work. However, the established producer does appear ready to make some moves in that direction, with his "Who U Love" 12'' via Internasjonal on Monday, April 21. Before then, Newman has passed along the alluring b-side cut "Floating on a Salt Lake," a jacking slab of titillating house that can't help but to seduce listeners into the depths of its hefty bass and sedating chords. During the course of its seven-minute run, the tune methodically builds before takeing a tantalizing breath, diving into complete silence only to bring back an even deeper bass that guides the remainder of the tune to its climax.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player