Split Secs "I Stand Alone (Mike Simonetti Mix)"
Italians Do It Better label boss Mike Simonetti is one of four remixers who appear on the I Stand Alone EP by LA DJ/production duo Split Secs (pictured above). Along with Monty Luke, Secret Circuit, and Blakkat, the New Jersey-based veteran artist delivers his own deep, dark, and motorik version of the record's title track—diving straight into stripped-down drum-machine rhythms and bouncing basslines, and even indulging in a bit of the original version's kitschy, spoken-word lyrics. "I Stand Alone (Mike Simonetti Mix)" is available with the rest of Split Sec's record on vinyl, with the digital release arriving on April 14 via Machine Limited; clips of the EP's five productions can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player