LA producer Anenon (a.k.a. Brian Simon) has teased the release of his forthcoming second album Sagrada, which will appear via his own Non Projects label later this year. Before then, the former XLR8R podcast contributor has passed along non-album cut "Ink" to taste. Starting off with just a simple drum-machine beat and a scaling synth pad, Anenon gradually introduces more intricate percussive rhythms and varying melodies that multiply and interweave in a linear fashion, only for the track to eventually revert back to its original state as it closes its run. "Ink" is pulled from Anenon's recently published collection of unreleased beats, which—for those interested in further listening—is available to stream after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player