Kito Jempere "Kallio"
Last week saw Russian producer Kito Jempere drop his debut full-length, Objects via the fledgling Fata Morgana label. A collection of 10 adventurous house constructions, the jacking "Kallio" serves as one of the LP's standout cuts. Initially, the production seems a bit out of sync, but after 30 seconds or so of sonic trickery, Jempere has no trouble locking into a percussion-led groove. From there, the tune builds on an infectiously swung groove, adding hits of acid leads, and swelling layers of thick analog chords across its seven-minute run. Kito Jempere's recent Objects can be heard in full over on Fata Morgana's Bandcamp page, where the label also has a vinyl sampler for sale from the LP including a new remix from the reliable Juju and Jordash duo. In addition, a pattern-heavy video for "Kallio" can be watched after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player