Leipzig-based producer Philipp Weber—who also serves as half of the Webermichelson duo—will be releasing a solo mini-album via the Holger label on May 19. Plainly titled Eins, or "one" in German, the mini-album is explained by Weber to be "like speaking a language without knowing its grammar [and] still trying to find the right words." Lifted from his forthcoming album, the somber "L.M.P" track precisely mirrors Weber's description, as skittering, harshly plucked strings and propelling synth waves are erratically mixed with squeaking and distorted field recordings of miscellaneous objects. The results make for an eerily writhing and contorted tune.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player