Prince Koloni "Luku A Meisje (Uproot Andy & Geko Jones Remix)"
Launched last year, Uproot Andy's and Geko Jones' Que Bajo imprint—named after the pair's long-running NYC party—has maintained a steady stream of free releases which represent the global sound the two producer's have championed over the years. The imprint's latest release comes in the form of the two-track Suriname Ting EP, for which the label heads' remix of Prince Koloni's "Luku A Meisje" serves as its virtual b-side. Here, the pair reshape the South American musician's tune into a more club-appropriate endeavor, adding snaking hats, deep kicks, punchy snares, and a series of sharp synths to the proceedings. The Suriname Ting EP's a-side cut can be heard over on Que Bajo's Bandcamp, where the whole affair can be picked up for the modest price of an email address.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player