Drew Gragg "Metroplex Theme"
With an academic background in electroacoustic composition, jazz guitar, and orchestral composition, Montreal-based musician Drew Gragg and his recently released Over-Under EP are an exceptional fit for for Nicolas Jaar's Other People label. From that record, "Metroplex Theme" is a minimal trek through colorful, reverb-heavy synths and muffled percussion. The drum patterns are eventually taken out of the last stretch of Gragg's composition, as it's left to concentrate on the voluminous and somewhat somber sonics of the ambient keystrokes present throughout the piece. The rest of the up-and-coming Canadian artist's Over-Under EP can be streamed in its entirety after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player