El Remolón "Nocturno"
Bueno Aires producer El Remolón has long been associated with the experimental side of the digital cumbia scene. On Selva—his new LP on ZZK, out today—he pushes himself further, this time exploring a whole range of sounds with the help of a considerable roster of guests pulled from the emerging alt-latino scene. “Nocturno” is the album's teaser track, and it shows off a warmer side to El Remolón's work that blends an insistent triplet shake with tricky Fender Rhodes playing and a chunky synthesized bassline. Put together, its four minutes offer an excellent soundtrack to a sun-soaked day (or simply a reminder that such days are possible).
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player