VVV "Present Tense"
Hailng from Austin, Texas VVV is the chosen moniker of Shawhin Izaddoost, a producer who can often be found exploring the more tender ends of slow-motion beatwork. Kicking off his forthcoming Separate Planes EP for Seattle's Hush Hush label is "Present Tense," a rain-soaked cut which laces its simple, understated beat with long-winded chords and a syncopated assemblage of gushing vocal chops. Spending little time on an intro, here VVV instead focuses on the track's gradual conclusion, which utilizes the tune's final minute to methodically break down "Present Tense," elongating its dreamy atmosphere and sinking the listener deeper into VVV's chosen textures. "Present Tense" and five other similarly nocturnal efforts will be available on VVV's Separate Planes EP when it drops on April 21.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player