Phil Weeks "Showtime"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Originally produced as part of a live production session, this elongated, soul-steeped tune from Parisian producer/DJ Phil Weeks is instantly infectious. Built on a percussion-heavy loop, "Showtime" methodically brings together a number of bluesy elements—Rhodes piano trickles in from the sides, a jazzy bassline comes in underneath, and dubbed out vocals and keyboard runs are occasionally brought in to fill in the track's outer edges. A man of many projects, Weeks plans to drop the "Searching4Love" b/w "You Want My Love" single via his own Robsoul imprint in June and is currently in the midst of a comprehensive tour, which finds him headed to a number of European cities. After giving "Showtime" a spin below, the man's full list of May tour dates can be peeped here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player