Phil Weeks "Showtime"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Originally produced as part of a live production session, this elongated, soul-steeped tune from Parisian producer/DJ Phil Weeks is instantly infectious. Built on a percussion-heavy loop, "Showtime" methodically brings together a number of bluesy elements—Rhodes piano trickles in from the sides, a jazzy bassline comes in underneath, and dubbed out vocals and keyboard runs are occasionally brought in to fill in the track's outer edges. A man of many projects, Weeks plans to drop the "Searching4Love" b/w "You Want My Love" single via his own Robsoul imprint in June and is currently in the midst of a comprehensive tour, which finds him headed to a number of European cities. After giving "Showtime" a spin below, the man's full list of May tour dates can be peeped here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player